2 Years Head Start Teacher
- Head Start is a program of the United States Department of Health and Human Services that provides comprehensive early childhood education, health, nutrition, and parent involvement services to low-income children and families. The program's services and resources are designed to foster stable family relationships, enhance children's physical and emotional well-being, and establish an environment to develop strong cognitive skills. The transition from preschool to elementary school imposes diverse developmental challenges that include requiring the children to engage successfully with their peers outside the family network, adjust to the space of a classroom, and meet the expectations the school setting provides.
28 Years Juvenile Probation / Intake Officer
- Managed and Supervised juveniles on probation by maintaining regular office, home, and school visits.
- Worked directly with community providers, the school system, treatment facilities, law enforcement agencies, and other agencies to provide assistance in rehabilitation of juveniles and reduce recidivism.
- BRACE (Balancing Restoration Accountability Community and Empathy) class instructor (2009-2019)
- Trained new juvenile officers statewide with Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) for state-required certification (2003-2021).
- Testified in Court as needed.
- Conducted interviews with juveniles and parents.
- Completed Social History Assessments Case Management, Risk Assessment Behavioral Screening (RABS), Ohio Youth Assessment System(OYAS) and Structured Assessment of Violence Risk in Youth (SAVRY).
- Administered random urinalysis test to determine the use of illegal/illicit substances.
- Completed training in CPR and first aide.
- Served as a positive role model to juveniles while also enforcing discipline, accountability, and good conduct.